Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Going Carless

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 7, 2007
      When you say "trails", how rough/steep is that, anyway?

      I ask because I see many many mountain bikes sold that never seem to
      make it onto non-flat non-paved surfaces, and my great big almost-
      slicks do very well on everything but decently steep off-road stuff.
      It seems to me that if we wanted to get more people on bikes, one of
      the first steps would be to sell them better bikes in the first
      place. The rolling resistance on cheap MTB tires is atrocious.

      On 2007-09-07, at 5:25 AM, Anne Littlebird wrote:
      > But the MTB gives me a chance to take the trails to work too rather
      > than the street.
    • Anne Littlebird
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 12, 2007
        I couldn't really since I was trying to negotiate rush hour traffic on a
        VERY busy narrow road with a lot of angry people. The fact that she
        yelled at someone in that situation is inexcusable - it could easily
        cause that person to become distracted which is not good in heavy traffic.

        And I wear fur too - I tell people it's just a cultural thing but in
        reality it's just smart. Both of my coats are old - both were gotten
        extremely cheap but they are warm! A short parka made by the Inuit and a
        full length raccoon coat. Both were in perfect shape when I found them
        at a thrift store for less than $100 for both. Taken care of they will
        out live me unless Peta finds me first. And if anyone damages the hat I
        was given by a group of Mongolian musicians I played with one night in
        Beijing I will be beyond upset. Should not have even gotten it back in
        the country since at the last minute I realized that the crown of it was
        leopard although all you see is the black fox and the tail that runs
        down my back. :)