Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Going Carless

  • Anne Littlebird
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 7, 2007
      I'm pretty sure I had Velociraptors on it but it's been so long I don't
      remember. And it's my fault for not questioning the shop when I got it
      back. I'd had a bad day and they were all singing the Wicked Witch of
      the West theme to me because of the old Raleigh. Not good. I have tos
      top in today to see how much they are going to charge me to put the X on
      anyway. I could do it myself except I don't have a bike stand anymore
      and I don't think I have all the tools - I used to...

      Kevlar would probably be a good idea and I do need something with grip
      since I only weigh 125 so keeping my weight back doesn't seem to have as
      much of an effect as it should do. If it snows I'll probably have to put
      ballast in the freecycle bags. :)

      --
      Anne Littlebird
      Issumatuq Herbals
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 12, 2007
        I couldn't really since I was trying to negotiate rush hour traffic on a
        VERY busy narrow road with a lot of angry people. The fact that she
        yelled at someone in that situation is inexcusable - it could easily
        cause that person to become distracted which is not good in heavy traffic.

        And I wear fur too - I tell people it's just a cultural thing but in
        reality it's just smart. Both of my coats are old - both were gotten
        extremely cheap but they are warm! A short parka made by the Inuit and a
        full length raccoon coat. Both were in perfect shape when I found them
        at a thrift store for less than $100 for both. Taken care of they will
        out live me unless Peta finds me first. And if anyone damages the hat I
        was given by a group of Mongolian musicians I played with one night in
        Beijing I will be beyond upset. Should not have even gotten it back in
        the country since at the last minute I realized that the crown of it was
        leopard although all you see is the black fox and the tail that runs
        down my back. :)