Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Going Carless

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 6, 2007
      It is funny!  I think riding a bike does something for you!  I have had people say the same thing about me!  One very attractive woman at the Farmers Market where I work on most saturdays said, "You can't POSSIBLY be a Grandfather!"  (WHAT???? where was she years ago?  Probably in grade school!)

      i don't chase female people anyway.  But it was nice to hear!  Heck, GO for the young dude!  you might have a fun time!

      heh!

      Best of luck and have a WONDERFUL birthday.  My grandfather always used to say that any day spent pulling weeds beat a day pushing them!  this November he would have been 111 years old!  I still miss him!

      mark

      On 9/6/07, Anne Littlebird <issumatuq@...> wrote:

      > Sept 14, I will be 54 in two weeks!  But being a Grampa is the
      GREATEST gift
      > of all!  I have three lovely grandchildren! (all girls) who are all
      spoiled
      > badly by the fat bald guy!

      Ah, I only have an adorable nephew I can corrupt when I get to NM. He's
      almost 4 and it's the best kid in the world. He's more like me than his
      parents which really annoys my brother in law. :)

      It's the big 50 for me but then I can't complain since one of the guys
      I talk to at the coffee shop asked for my phone number so we could go
      out. After I picked my jaw off the pavement I asked him just how old he
      thought I was. He said 34-35. I left him with his jaw stuck to the
      pavement. Gotta remember to wear short skirts more often...:) It's
      going to be a grand birthday!

      ride to believe.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Mark  Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Check out the web site at:
      http://www.vine-ave.com

      contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next program!  Details at www.vine-ave.com

      I am a bicycling lifestylist!
    • Anne Littlebird
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 12, 2007
        I couldn't really since I was trying to negotiate rush hour traffic on a
        VERY busy narrow road with a lot of angry people. The fact that she
        yelled at someone in that situation is inexcusable - it could easily
        cause that person to become distracted which is not good in heavy traffic.

        And I wear fur too - I tell people it's just a cultural thing but in
        reality it's just smart. Both of my coats are old - both were gotten
        extremely cheap but they are warm! A short parka made by the Inuit and a
        full length raccoon coat. Both were in perfect shape when I found them
        at a thrift store for less than $100 for both. Taken care of they will
        out live me unless Peta finds me first. And if anyone damages the hat I
        was given by a group of Mongolian musicians I played with one night in
        Beijing I will be beyond upset. Should not have even gotten it back in
        the country since at the last minute I realized that the crown of it was
        leopard although all you see is the black fox and the tail that runs
        down my back. :)