Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Going Carless

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 6, 2007
      Sept 14, I will be 54 in two weeks!  But being a Grampa is the GREATEST gift of all!  I have three lovely grandchildren! (all girls) who are all spoiled badly by the fat bald guy!

      HAH!

      mark

      On 9/6/07, Anne Littlebird <issumatuq@...> wrote:

      > Wheee! another september birthday!  Mine is coming up in a couple of
      weeks
      > too!

      And September people are SO awesome! Don't you think?

      I haven't put too many miles on the car since I stopped hauling the
      harp around to play weddings. But the expense is getting to me since I
      work for a non-profit (equals no-pay) and with the thought of saving
      $200 a month just in insurance and gas is HUGE for me. The car is paid
      for so it was a no-brainer.

      Never liked to drive anyway.

      So when's your bday? Mine's the 29.

      Annie

      ride to believe.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto: rootsradicals-digest@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Mark  Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Check out the web site at:
      http://www.vine-ave.com

      contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next program!  Details at www.vine-ave.com

      I am a bicycling lifestylist!
    • Anne Littlebird
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 12, 2007
        I couldn't really since I was trying to negotiate rush hour traffic on a
        VERY busy narrow road with a lot of angry people. The fact that she
        yelled at someone in that situation is inexcusable - it could easily
        cause that person to become distracted which is not good in heavy traffic.

        And I wear fur too - I tell people it's just a cultural thing but in
        reality it's just smart. Both of my coats are old - both were gotten
        extremely cheap but they are warm! A short parka made by the Inuit and a
        full length raccoon coat. Both were in perfect shape when I found them
        at a thrift store for less than $100 for both. Taken care of they will
        out live me unless Peta finds me first. And if anyone damages the hat I
        was given by a group of Mongolian musicians I played with one night in
        Beijing I will be beyond upset. Should not have even gotten it back in
        the country since at the last minute I realized that the crown of it was
        leopard although all you see is the black fox and the tail that runs
        down my back. :)