Maxxis Hookworm

  • Jesse Leifert
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2014
      Just looking for confirmation from those who have had good experience
      with them and the free radical.

      I should have asked prior to buying them. :)

      Thanks!
    • David Dannenberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2014
        I used Hookworms on my BD for years. Very solid and excellent traction. Very heavy though and insufficient flat protection for my uses. Now have Big Apples—noticibly stickier but traction on wet, grassy, gravelly, or other non-asphalt surfaces is not nearly as good as the the Hookworms.

        You will probably be happy with them on your freerad. I recommend you pump them to maximum pressure for a nice small center ridge to roll on. (YMMV: I know others and some research supports lower pressure, but my experience supports high pressure)

        David Dannenberg
      • Steve Fuller
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2014
          I've had Hookworms on my BD since I put it together a couple of years ago. No flats so far, but I'm mostly on MUP and the occasional side street with mine. As Dave implied, they are pressure sensitive. I tend to run mine at a higher pressure so they roll a bit better. Their wear life seems good. They are not the lightest tire on the planet, but they definitely get the job done. I DO wish their logo was a bit less bright. :)

          Steve

          On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:10 AM, David Dannenberg <ddannenberg@...> wrote:
          I used Hookworms on my BD for years. Very solid and excellent traction. Very heavy though and insufficient flat protection for my uses. Now have Big Apples—noticibly stickier but traction on wet, grassy, gravelly, or other non-asphalt surfaces is not nearly as good as the the Hookworms.

          You will probably be happy with them on your freerad. I recommend you pump them to maximum pressure for a nice small center ridge to roll on. (YMMV: I know others and some research supports lower pressure, but my experience supports high pressure)

          David Dannenberg

          ride to believe.Yahoo Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional