Kickback kickstand on a regular bike?

  • Nikki Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2014
      I have an Edgerunner that I LOVE and occasionally take just 1 kid on my old mountain bike in the baby seat.  It is disconcerting to have an awesome Kickback usually and a regular kickstand on the regular bike and I was wondering if anyone know if you can install one on a normal bike. It looks like you need to have the longtail kit at least- perhaps I am reading this wrong?
      Thanks! Nikki

      --
      Nikki Rosenberg
      (415) 948-3755

    • Sam Powrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2014
        Why not just use a regular double-legged centre stand. The Dutch/
        German ones (there are several brands and sizes on the market) often
        have quite a wide stance specifically to give heavily laden bikes
        real stability. Personally I think the kickback would be
        unnecessarily heavy for a regular bike.

        Savvas,
      • Davey Oil
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2014
          The kickback will not fit onto any conventional bike, for all sorts of reasons.
          I share your wish for good quality center stands for our not-strictly-cargo bikes! The German and Dutch brands, like Hebie, almost never work with a front deraileur. If you do not have one of those, I'd look in the direction of Dutch bike shops for a stand. Otherwise the Plescher Esge and Ursus Jumbo are the two most likely two-legged kickstands for your needs.

          Hope that helps!

          Davey