Urban Moment

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      (and we're not that urban)
      ... I considered taking the car, given the 35+ mph winds and the
      certainty of major debris after yesterday's 70+mph winds, but I wanted
      to be *in* it, not looking out a window.
      It's also trash day.
      There were just a few trash cans rolling around in the streets like
      some kind of urban video game graphics. An especially monstrous one
      was monopolizing a lane's worth of the middle of 2-lane Washington
      street inducing grand evasive actions, so I pulled over to take care
      of it; just then a school bus approached from the other direction,
      stopped and put those flashers on. All traffic stopped on cue, the
      guy in the first car opened his door as if to retrieve it but I beat
      him :-), and they *stayed* stopped until I came *back* across to my
      bike, and we continued our commute.
      Good morning! I just don't think it could have happened if we were
      in cars.