Hooptie for child carrying

  • areyou_onon
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2013
      New to the product line and am getting the free radical to replace a schwinn tag-a-long (she falls asleep and falls off).  With the Hooptie (for a 6year old with dwarfism) do I need to order the stirrups, the wideloaders, the U-tubes or the Running boards?  Do I need to order anything at all?

      I would just like a little advise for carrying kids.
    • Sean Mullins
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2013
        I used the hooptie with bar ends  attached to the free radical. I also have running boards but th ey were too far for my little girl

        New to the product line and am getting the free radical to replace a schwinn tag-a-long (she falls asleep and falls off).  With the Hooptie (for a 6year old with dwarfism) do I need to order the stirrups, the wideloaders, the U-tubes or the Running boards?  Do I need to order anything at all?

        I would just like a little advise for carrying kids.
      • Jeffrey
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2013
          --- In ROOTSRADICALS@yahoogroups.com, <areyou_onon@...> wrote:

          > New to the product line and am getting the free radical to replace a schwinn tag-a-long (she falls asleep and falls off). With the Hooptie (for a 6year old with dwarfism) do I need to order the stirrups, the wideloaders, the U-tubes or the Running boards? Do I need to order anything at all?
          >
          > I would just like a little advise for carrying kids.

          If your daughter falls asleep you should really consider a trailer rather then a long tail. I don't know how large children with dwarfism grow to at 6. But my son at about 40 pounds is getting too big for the burley d'lite. But any unrestrained sleeping child on the back of a bike sounds like a bad idea.