Re: [rootsradicals] time to think about snow / ice tires again

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2013
      I have used Marathon Winter on a longtail, not sure if they were 700c or 26".
      I would skip the Nokian Extreme anyway -- W106, maybe?
      Marathon Winter also seems like a good choice given what you say -- better on pavement
      than the Nokians, not as grabby on the ice however, but grabby enough.
      I'd avoid Schwalbe Snow Stud -- I tried them, did not like them.

      Handling with studded tires is yucky, the Marathon Winters a little less so.

      David