RE: kickback with cane tips, success story

  • bayou_ratt_283
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013

      I used some furniture tips on mine although I bet the cane tips would be a lot more durable.  There is a kit called the Xtracycle Kickback Replacement Parts Kit($14 + shipping) that includes a new set of bushings, both the "tacos" for the Xtracycle kit and the Big Dummy and a new set of "feet."  I went ahead and ordered this because for the life of me I can't find the Big Dummy "taco" which I need for my next build and I plan on replacing the feet AND putting either cane tips, too.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      A while back on this list, there was a discussion about the tips of the kickback getting crushed, and the metal tube not being a very good kickstand once that happens.

      The same thing happened to me. The symptoms were uneven kickstand, and on concrete the bike didn't stay put as well as it used to.

      I made it to the local "older persons store" in town and picked up some Medline Guardian Signature G30581-PC black cane tips. Found these in a two-pack for $8.95 plus tax. They slid on great, have a nice tight fit on the tubes, and the matte black matches the black tubes well. These look to me like they came that way from the factory.

      Attaching some pictures. Thanks for the idea, people who suggested this!
    • nicemart1