Re: Help with disc brake install

  • kiltie_celt
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2013
      Thought I'd revisit this thread and let you all know that it worked out. Turns out the brakes were missing one of the mounts. I still had to acquire a 0mm mount for the front caliper to attach to the fork. I ended up attaching the fender stays to the mid-fork attachment points which meant I didn't have to really bend anything. I did have to put a couple of slight little bends in the lower of the two stays on each side but that was it. So far I like the brakes. I've only ridden the bike a few miles here and there since installing the disc brakes but they do seem to be a little more grabby than the V-brakes but not by much. From what I've read, mechanical discs really aren't much better in terms of stopping power than V-brakes. Still, they'll be much better in the rain for sure.