Simple way to make your Kickback quieter

  • Zipper
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
      I attached a rubber foot to the bottom of my Big Dummy frame using the stock kickstand mounting hole. The Kickback's stub "stop" now bangs into the rubber foot instead of the steel frame. This hasn't totally fixed the noises the kickback makes when riding, but it has really toned down the racket. I put a few posts on my blogger site:

      http://andy-projects.blogspot.com/2013/08/xtracycle-kickback-kickstand-fixes.html

      Also thanks to the poster here who suggested using rubber 7/8" chair feet on the Kickback legs! They work great.
    • Liz W Durham
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013

        I have been doing the same for 4 years. And today I finally replaced my first rubber feet with new ones. Good to know that others find the rubber feet useful too :)
        -liz

        On Aug 7, 2013 4:04 PM, "Zipper" <pefozzy@...> wrote:

        I attached a rubber foot to the bottom of my Big Dummy frame using the stock kickstand mounting hole. The Kickback's stub "stop" now bangs into the rubber foot instead of the steel frame. This hasn't totally fixed the noises the kickback makes when riding, but it has really toned down the racket. I put a few posts on my blogger site:

        http://andy-projects.blogspot.com/2013/08/xtracycle-kickback-kickstand-fixes.html

        Also thanks to the poster here who suggested using rubber 7/8" chair feet on the Kickback legs! They work great.

      • David Dannenberg
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
          That is a neat fix. However, I have never had the noise problem--or have never noticed at any rate. I may go out later with it to do some chain sawing and will listen for it.
        • David Dannenberg
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2013
            Well, I went out and listened and as far as I can tell my Kickback does not bounce audibly and never has. Maybe the elastic cable on mine is tighter?

            David
          • Liz W Durham
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2013

              My first kickback was very quiet. My current one not so much.
              Even if you have no need for the sound dampening rubber stopper I highly recommend adding rubber feet to the ends of your kickback legs...makes it just a bit more stable and keeps the leg ends from getting worn with use.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 10, 2013
                I have used the stoppers and they do help. I need to replace mine--the ends wear out and they turn into sleeves that are useless.