Re: Kick stand foot replacement?

  • MikeW
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3 7:28 AM
      And a word of advice even if you do go the kick back route, buy some 7/8" furniture feet to put on the legs because the plastic feet on the bottom wear out fairly fast. Mine were worn down almost to the metal in about 6 months time. I bought some black feet and put them on, problem solved.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, George Gusses <gussesg@...> wrote:

      > This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
      > So just do it.
      >
      > Remember to smile for no good reason :)
      > George
      >
      > On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi all,
      >
      > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Brian, DCish

    • MikeW
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3 7:30 AM
        Maybe this is what you're looking for:

        http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
        > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
        > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brian, DCish

      • Brian Livelsberger
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3 7:57 AM
          Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for the time being.  :)  Brian.

          On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:

          Maybe this is what you're looking for:

          http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
          > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
          > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Brian, DCish

        • MikeW
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3 8:12 AM
            It's worth a try anyway. I was looking at the one I have here and the round on one part and squared off on the other looks identical to what I have here and for $3.98 shipped it might be worth a try. If you prefer ebay, they have it there for $3.99 shipped as well. Let us know how it works out.

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for
            > the time being. :) Brian.
            >

            > On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Maybe this is what you're looking for:
            > >

            > > http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html
            > >

            > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all,
            > > >
            > > > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really
            > > miss
            > > > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a
            > > replacement
            > > > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Brian, DCish

          • Brian Livelsberger
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3 9:20 AM