Re: [rootsradicals] Kick stand foot replacement?

  • Charles Jacobs
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
      Try the pharmacy:  a replacement crutch tip might work.

      On Aug 3, 2013, at 9:20 AM, Brian Livelsberger wrote:

      Ahhh, the kickback... a no-brainer but for the cash flow issue!

      On Aug 3, 2013 12:40 AM, "George Gusses" <gussesg@...> wrote:

      This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
      So just do it.

      Remember to smile for no good reason :)
      George

      On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?

      Thanks,
      Brian, DCish

    • MikeW
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
        And a word of advice even if you do go the kick back route, buy some 7/8" furniture feet to put on the legs because the plastic feet on the bottom wear out fairly fast. Mine were worn down almost to the metal in about 6 months time. I bought some black feet and put them on, problem solved.

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, George Gusses <gussesg@...> wrote:

        > This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
        > So just do it.
        >
        > Remember to smile for no good reason :)
        > George
        >
        > On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi all,
        >
        > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brian, DCish

      • MikeW
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
          Maybe this is what you're looking for:

          http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
          > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
          > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Brian, DCish

        • Brian Livelsberger
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
            Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for the time being.  :)  Brian.

            On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:

            Maybe this is what you're looking for:

            http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
            > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
            > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Brian, DCish

          • MikeW
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
              It's worth a try anyway. I was looking at the one I have here and the round on one part and squared off on the other looks identical to what I have here and for $3.98 shipped it might be worth a try. If you prefer ebay, they have it there for $3.99 shipped as well. Let us know how it works out.

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for
              > the time being. :) Brian.
              >

              > On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Maybe this is what you're looking for:
              > >

              > > http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html
              > >

              > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi all,
              > > >
              > > > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really
              > > miss
              > > > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a
              > > replacement
              > > > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Brian, DCish

            • Brian Livelsberger
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013