Re: [rootsradicals] Kick stand foot replacement?

  • Brian Livelsberger
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013

      Ahhh, the kickback... a no-brainer but for the cash flow issue!

      On Aug 3, 2013 12:40 AM, "George Gusses" <gussesg@...> wrote:

      This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
      So just do it.

      Remember to smile for no good reason :)
      George

      On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?

      Thanks,
      Brian, DCish

    • Charles Jacobs

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
          And a word of advice even if you do go the kick back route, buy some 7/8" furniture feet to put on the legs because the plastic feet on the bottom wear out fairly fast. Mine were worn down almost to the metal in about 6 months time. I bought some black feet and put them on, problem solved.

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, George Gusses <gussesg@...> wrote:

          > This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
          > So just do it.
          >
          > Remember to smile for no good reason :)
          > George
          >
          > On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi all,
          >
          > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Brian, DCish

        • MikeW
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
            Maybe this is what you're looking for:

            http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
            > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
            > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Brian, DCish

          • Brian Livelsberger
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
              Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for the time being.  :)  Brian.

              On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:

              Maybe this is what you're looking for:

              http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
              > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
              > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Brian, DCish

            • MikeW
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
                It's worth a try anyway. I was looking at the one I have here and the round on one part and squared off on the other looks identical to what I have here and for $3.98 shipped it might be worth a try. If you prefer ebay, they have it there for $3.99 shipped as well. Let us know how it works out.

                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

                > Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for
                > the time being. :) Brian.
                >

                > On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Maybe this is what you're looking for:
                > >

                > > http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html
                > >

                > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi all,
                > > >
                > > > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really
                > > miss
                > > > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a
                > > replacement
                > > > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,
                > > > Brian, DCish

              • Brian Livelsberger
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013