Re: [rootsradicals] Kick stand foot replacement?

  • George Gusses
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2013
      This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
      So just do it.

      Remember to smile for no good reason :)
      George

      On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?

      Thanks,
      Brian, DCish

    • Brian Livelsberger

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
            And a word of advice even if you do go the kick back route, buy some 7/8" furniture feet to put on the legs because the plastic feet on the bottom wear out fairly fast. Mine were worn down almost to the metal in about 6 months time. I bought some black feet and put them on, problem solved.

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, George Gusses <gussesg@...> wrote:

            > This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
            > So just do it.
            >
            > Remember to smile for no good reason :)
            > George
            >
            > On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi all,
            >
            > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Brian, DCish

          • MikeW
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
              Maybe this is what you're looking for:

              http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
              > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
              > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Brian, DCish

            • Brian Livelsberger
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
                Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for the time being.  :)  Brian.

                On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:

                Maybe this is what you're looking for:

                http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
                > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
                > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Brian, DCish

              • MikeW
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
                  It's worth a try anyway. I was looking at the one I have here and the round on one part and squared off on the other looks identical to what I have here and for $3.98 shipped it might be worth a try. If you prefer ebay, they have it there for $3.99 shipped as well. Let us know how it works out.

                  --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for
                  > the time being. :) Brian.
                  >

                  > On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Maybe this is what you're looking for:
                  > >

                  > > http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html
                  > >

                  > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi all,
                  > > >
                  > > > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really
                  > > miss
                  > > > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a
                  > > replacement
                  > > > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks,
                  > > > Brian, DCish

                • Brian Livelsberger
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013