Kick stand foot replacement?

  • Brian Livelsberger
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2013

      Hi all,

      So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?

      Thanks,
      Brian, DCish

    • George Gusses
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2013
        This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
        So just do it.

        Remember to smile for no good reason :)
        George

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
              And a word of advice even if you do go the kick back route, buy some 7/8" furniture feet to put on the legs because the plastic feet on the bottom wear out fairly fast. Mine were worn down almost to the metal in about 6 months time. I bought some black feet and put them on, problem solved.

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, George Gusses <gussesg@...> wrote:

              > This sounds like the excuse you've been waiting for and buy a kick back. There are worth it if your really using the bike.
              > So just do it.
              >
              > Remember to smile for no good reason :)
              > George
              >
              > On Aug 2, 2013, at 20:48, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hi all,
              >
              > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Brian, DCish

            • MikeW
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
                Maybe this is what you're looking for:

                http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
                > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
                > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Brian, DCish

              • Brian Livelsberger
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
                  Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for the time being.  :)  Brian.

                  On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:

                  Maybe this is what you're looking for:

                  http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html

                  --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really miss
                  > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a replacement
                  > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Brian, DCish

                • MikeW
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013
                    It's worth a try anyway. I was looking at the one I have here and the round on one part and squared off on the other looks identical to what I have here and for $3.98 shipped it might be worth a try. If you prefer ebay, they have it there for $3.99 shipped as well. Let us know how it works out.

                    --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks, Mike -- looks pretty familiar, and the price beats a kickback for
                    > the time being. :) Brian.
                    >

                    > On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MikeW <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > Maybe this is what you're looking for:
                    > >

                    > > http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353472/345/Greenfield-KSRF-Kickstand.html
                    > >

                    > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hi all,
                    > > >
                    > > > So I lost the foot from my stock kick stand the other day and I really
                    > > miss
                    > > > the few extra mm of width and height it gave me. Anybody have a
                    > > replacement
                    > > > they've gotten that has worked particularly well?
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks,
                    > > > Brian, DCish

                  • Brian Livelsberger
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 3, 2013