Re: why doesn't 700C fit well?

  • rdstreet
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
      The motivation for the question is that I am curious about modifying a FR to fit 700c fat tires. I still intend to pick up a used one to answer these questions myself.

      It sounds like too many modifications would be required.

      > I think the snow tires were supposed to be 35mm. It was a very near thing, and probably also depends on the rim width. I don't recommend 700c on the pack of an xtracycle.
      >
      > David
      >
      > On 2013-06-17, at 9:30 AM, rdstreet <rdstreet@...> wrote:
      >
      > > What was the max tire size you ran?

    • laughter medicine
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
        I have toured extensively with my 700c Xtracycle and love it dearly.  37c is the widest tire that will work.  38c might if you shave it a bit.  There are risers for the V racks that come with the kit to elevate the SnapDeck.  Must be pounded into the V rack tubes with a mallet.  It limits the weight you carry somewhat but mine has carried to adults at the same time. Fat tires are overrated.