Louisiana Bicyle Festival

  • MikeW
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
      Hi everyone. I think I'm the only one in southeast Louisiana with an Xtracycle and if anyone wants to meet up for a test ride or just an interesting day of some of the coolest bikes you've ever seen and you live in the New Orleans or Mississippi Gulf Coast area then come out to Abita Springs, LA on Saturday the 15th and check out the Louisiana Bicycle Festival.

      Here's a link the the site: http://www.labicyclefestival.com/

      I'll be out there from around 10am until 12 or 1 so if you're in the area and want to feel how an Xtracycle rides, come on out. It's a 30 mile ride from my house so I only plan on staying for a few hours.

      Cheers!
    • rt_schafer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2013
        Haha, seems that way sometimes! I have one here in New Orleans and I've seen two or three others. Most (like mine) are converted MTBs with FreeRadical extensions although I think I've seen one XC bike.

        I'll be at the Bike Fest with a group from NOLA; will stop by and check out your ride.

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "MikeW" <bayou_ratt_283@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone. I think I'm the only one in southeast Louisiana with an Xtracycle and if anyone wants to meet up for a test ride or just an interesting day of some of the coolest bikes you've ever seen and you live in the New Orleans or Mississippi Gulf Coast area then come out to Abita Springs, LA on Saturday the 15th and check out the Louisiana Bicycle Festival.
        >
        > Here's a link the the site: http://www.labicyclefestival.com/
        >
        > I'll be out there from around 10am until 12 or 1 so if you're in the area and want to feel how an Xtracycle rides, come on out. It's a 30 mile ride from my house so I only plan on staying for a few hours.
        >
        > Cheers!

      • MikeW
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2013
          Cool, I guess I should say I have yet to see any on the north shore. Mine is on a MTB frame as well. I rode out to Abita and back today, looking forward to making the ride again next week. See ya there.