Re: [rootsradicals] Looking to join the ranks

  • Robert Tilley
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2013
      My Dummy mainly gets used as a weekend erand runner so it gets in lots of Costco trips, grocery runs, Home Depot trips, etc. Most of my cargo is odd shaped which makes it somewhat of a pain to load into the Freeloaders. I tend to carry Rubbermaid (?) storage buckets on the Wideloaders which makes getting my cargo home much more efficient for me.

      I don't have any pics of the buckets in use online but they basically help me avoid loads like this:

      http://roberttilley.smugmug.com/Bicycles/Surly-Big-Dummy/16185229_DFKXRK#!i=1911158068&k=BK9BK5j&lb=1&s=O

      They also sit at virtually the same height as the deck so they can be used as a platform as well which came in handy when I decided to pick up some topsoil on the way home from Costco one day. The 40 lb bag loaded right on top of the deck/bucket.

      Robert Tilley
      San Diego, CA

      On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Davey Oil <daveyoil@...> wrote:

      Robert,
      Say more! I use my x for all trips, haul quite a lot of bikes and tools and groceries and almost never use my wideloaders.

      On Apr 9, 2013, at 11:56 AM, rltilley@... wrote:

      For me the single most useful accessory has been the Wideloaders. Not sure how useful they would be with kids on the back but they made the Big Dummy into much more of a car substitute than it was with just the Freeloaders.

      Robert Tilley
      San Diego, CA