1st post - new xtracycle

  • jen_indiana
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 3:53 PM
      I am going to look at and (if no surprises) purchase used xtracycle Free Radical this weekend. Here is the description from the ad on Craigslist:

      Bike is complete with the following:
      Giant Rincon 20" Mt. Bike in great condition, very few chips or imperfections;
      Xtracycle Free Radical Frame Extension Cargo Bike Attachment with Side Bags and Top Board;
      Shimano Alivio 24 speed drivetrain;
      FSA Hammer headset (new);
      Ritchey Pro Stem (new);
      Titec Hellbent upswept handlebars, strong and comfortable;
      Ergon Grips, great for the long haul;
      Vicious cycles rigid front fork;
      Mechanical disk front brake (new), works great
      New cables, all around;
      Brand new Xtracycle-sourced chain;

      I want an xtracycle to cart around my 5 yo son, who is autistic and non-verbal. We think it will be a while before he'll be able to ride, never mind how long it will take until we can trust him to follow road rules.

      I don't speak bike, so I thought I'd ask for help. Is there anything I should be concerned about with this setup? I'm 5'8", so I realize the 20 in mtb frame is too big for me. I was thinking of converting the mtb back into a mtb and putting the freeradical on a cruiser, but wasn't sure if that was the best idea?

      Any knowledge you could send my way would be useful!

      Thanks!