Re: plans for kid seat and a few more questions

  • Nikki Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 29, 2013
      I did something using a milk crate with leg holes cut out of it (http://nicollesoriginals.blogspot.com/2012/12/xtracycle-two-2-child-seat-from-milk.html). I originally had my 18 mo old in the crate and 4.5 year old using it as a back rest with a webbed seat belt with a buckle attaching to it. Then I decided toddler needed a higher back rest and bought the Yepp and moved the crate forward for the older guy. It is getting a little narrow, though, and we are making him a wooden seat to replace the crate. It is almost ready -- just wood on the bottom and back and wooden arm rests. We painted a design and will bolt it to the deck and use the same seat belt he has been using. Nikki

      --
      Nikki Rosenberg
      (415) 948-3755
      http://nicollesoriginals.blogspot.com/

      --
      Nikki Rosenberg
      (415) 948-3755
      http://nicollesoriginals.blogspot.com/
    • Sean Mackin
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2013
      Brian,

        Sorry for the delay. Attached is some assorted pictures with the pegs up and down as well as the stoker stem set up and seat. I put her old foot rest in place for you to get an idea what she used before her feet reached the pegs. The strap is a generic one from REI. They sell them in a wide variety of sizes and configuration. This one is about 3' long with a quick release buckle. She rarely wears it now.

      Thanks,
      Sean

      Message 3 of 11 , Apr 6, 2013

        On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:22 AM, Sean Mackin <gear.head@...> wrote:

        Brian,

          Sorry for the delay. Attached is some assorted pictures with the pegs up and down as well as the stoker stem set up and seat. I put her old foot rest in place for you to get an idea what she used before her feet reached the pegs. The strap is a generic one from REI. They sell them in a wide variety of sizes and configuration. This one is about 3' long with a quick release buckle. She rarely wears it now.

        Thanks,
        Sean

        --- On Fri, 3/29/13, Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...> wrote:

        Sean,

        Where did you source those foot rests from? I wouldn't mind having a set for the occasional adult passenger on mine.

        Steve
      • gear.head@verizon.net
        Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6, 2013
          The ones I used are by Odessey. If you look on Ebay search "fork standers". You will need to make a small shim. I used a strip of plastic cut from a plastic bottle. My wife finds them comfortable too.

          Sean

          From: Steve Fuller <sfuller@...>
          Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 07:30:59 -0500