Re: Troubleshooting Build Issues

  • thirdraildesignlab
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1 10:05 AM
      Mine is a custom trapezoidal section of thick block aluminum top and bottom with more retaining bolts across its surface. Great investment! But in my case, due to the frame size, it was necessary.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Pete B wrote:

      > For the FAP rotation, I stuck a thicker piece of scrap nylon carpet to the
      > plate.
      > That and a nylock with spring washer seemed to stop the problem.
      >
      > 'The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any
      > member of a civilised community against his will, is to prevent harm to
      > others. He cannot rightfully be compelled for his own good, or because, in
      > the opinion of others, it would be wise, or even right. These are good
      > reasons for persuading him, but not for compelling him.' : John Stuart Mill
      >

      > On 27 January 2013 14:38, Don Thompson wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I've had that same issue with the long bolt, FAP moving. I adjust VERY
      > > tight, but it still rotates counter clockwise after a week of riding. It
      > > never loosens, but just moves. Did you fix this problem on yours?

    • thirdraildesignlab
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1 10:10 AM
        SO, I'm taking the bike into my LBS that helped with some of the final details on this build and the customization, this saturday, so assuming the bike frame hasn't deformed or cracked under the torsional stress, I should be back in action next week. When it comes to my kids I want a professional to review such things. It occurs to me that I never posted the build photos and notes from this project, so I will do so after this is fixed. Overall it's been an awesome bike, with compromises that were not unexpected.