Re: Big Dummy BB recommendation?

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 24, 2012
      Thanks all for the advice. I am likely to lean toward the Chris King in that I would rather spend once and have little to deal with later and good serviceability. Will talk with some local folks as well.

      As to idlers, have thought about them, in conjunction with an eccentric BB so I can eliminate my tensioner and still use the Kickback. On reflection though, I am not sure that the idlers would be less cumbersome and attract much less dirt than the tensioner and I wonder how much I'd scrape my leg against the higher change and get filthy.

      Further thoughts appreciated.

      David Dannenberg
    • Andrew Kreps
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 24, 2012
        On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:09 AM, David Dannenberg <ddannenberg@...> wrote:
        > Thanks all for the advice. I am likely to lean toward the Chris King in that I would rather spend once and have little to deal with later and good serviceability. Will talk with some local folks as well.

        I've run a RaceFace crank/integrated BB for about 5k miles on my
        dummy. It takes a beating and keeps on spinning. I'm pretty sure it
        was the Turbine when I bought it. Which, it looks like it's still
        called: http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=40010&category=379
      • David Dannenberg
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 25, 2012
          Thanks. Is there a single chain ring version? I have an IGH.