Re: Newbie 1st post: Think the EdgeRunner will be a game changer for my family

  • zookeeper17@ameritech.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2012
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "katsujinkenliu" <katsujinken@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks,
      > After a year of research on cargo bikes, I am pretty jazzed about the release of the EdgeRunner, in particular the e- version. My wife has FMS and my knees are kinda shot, so this could be a real game changer for us in our hilly part of San Diego (we seem to be pedaling slower and slower these days...), especially as gas heads north of $5/gal today.
      > This may be premature (more details will probably be released as soon as I hit send...), but a few questions of you experts please:
      > 1. Will the EdgeRunner come in both e-assist AND IGH (Rohloff? Alfine?)
      > 2. Might there ever be a belt drive option without having to cut the frame and void the warranty?
      > 3. Will we be able to run lights off the battery?
      > 4. Pretty sure the system will be pedelec, right?
      > 5. Will there be braze ons for a frame-mount front rack, front fender, and/or rear frame lock?
      > 6. 910 watts!!! What's the expected average range?
      >
      > Thanks very much for your time. This looks like a great community, in every sense of the word.
      >
      > -Kev

      HI KEV-
      I don't usually reply to these but I was lucky enought to visit Xtracycle acouple weeks ago and was privaledged to ride both the standard Edgerunner and the electric.
      Both were sweet bikes. The electric was stupid fast and i never went past the 2nd. levelof speed. The one I road already has a light on it.
      Want more of the other questions answered Nate at Xtracycle is very passionate about these bikes I talked with him for over a hour. Ross is also there and has answered e-mails I've sent.
      My picture i took shows a couple of pegs ( maybe your braze 0ns) on the front fork.
      Was a great bike to ride.
      They have on the web page a email sign up for this bike.
      hope this was helpful, and happy biking
      ZK
    • katsujinkenliu
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2012
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "zookeeper17@..." <zookeeper17@...> wrote:

        > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "katsujinkenliu" <katsujinken@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi folks,
        > > After a year of research on cargo bikes, I am pretty jazzed about the release of the EdgeRunner, in particular the e- version. My wife has FMS and my knees are kinda shot, so this could be a real game changer for us in our hilly part of San Diego (we seem to be pedaling slower and slower these days...), especially as gas heads north of $5/gal today.
        > > This may be premature (more details will probably be released as soon as I hit send...), but a few questions of you experts please:
        > > 1. Will the EdgeRunner come in both e-assist AND IGH (Rohloff? Alfine?)
        > > 2. Might there ever be a belt drive option without having to cut the frame and void the warranty?
        > > 3. Will we be able to run lights off the battery?
        > > 4. Pretty sure the system will be pedelec, right?
        > > 5. Will there be braze ons for a frame-mount front rack, front fender, and/or rear frame lock?
        > > 6. 910 watts!!! What's the expected average range?
        > >
        > > Thanks very much for your time. This looks like a great community, in every sense of the word.
        > >
        > > -Kev
        > >

        > HI KEV-
        > I don't usually reply to these but I was lucky enought to visit Xtracycle acouple weeks ago and was privaledged to ride both the standard Edgerunner and the electric.
        > Both were sweet bikes. The electric was stupid fast and i never went past the 2nd. levelof speed. The one I road already has a light on it.
        > Want more of the other questions answered Nate at Xtracycle is very passionate about these bikes I talked with him for over a hour. Ross is also there and has answered e-mails I've sent.
        > My picture i took shows a couple of pegs ( maybe your braze 0ns) on the front fork.
        > Was a great bike to ride.
        > They have on the web page a email sign up for this bike.
        > hope this was helpful, and happy biking
        > ZK

        Thank you ZK! I also got your email and do appreciate the replies. I did sign up for the email notifications and will contact Nate soon. Much appreciated!

        -Kev
      • seditiouscanary
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2012
          1. Yes. They are working on an IGH option: https://getsatisfaction.com/xtracycle/topics/novara_gotham_bike_compatible_with_free_radical
          2. No. This is an issue for Gates to sort out. They do not make a belt long enough.
          3. You could. How much modification would be required is a bigger question.
          4. Not sure.
          5. If the pictures on the Xtracycle website are any indicator, yes.
          6. Hills, loads carried, and riding style make this a tough one to answer, so I am not going to. I also have no idea.

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "katsujinkenliu" <katsujinken@...> wrote:
          > 1. Will the EdgeRunner come in both e-assist AND IGH (Rohloff? Alfine?)
          > 2. Might there ever be a belt drive option without having to cut the frame and void the warranty?
          > 3. Will we be able to run lights off the battery?
          > 4. Pretty sure the system will be pedelec, right?
          > 5. Will there be braze ons for a frame-mount front rack, front fender, and/or rear frame lock?
          > 6. 910 watts!!! What's the expected average range?
          >
          > Thanks very much for your time. This looks like a great community, in every sense of the word.
          >
          > -Kev

        • katsujinkenliu
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2012
            Thanks seditiouscanary! Good to hear an IGH option is being explored. I appreciate the link and will have to go exploring over there as well :).

            -Kev