Re: Rear Derailleur Cable Length?

  • travelerbrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
      Thanks! I ordered a longer cable, so I should be all set.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Devian P Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:

      > http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=25402&category=3977
      >
      > try 2700- 4400mm
      >

      > On Sep 2, 2012, at 9:31 AM, travelerbrew wrote:
      >
      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > I'm putting together an Xtracycle on a 90's Cannondale M300 hardtail. I'm trying to find a long enough rear derailleur cable and wondered if you might have some advice.
      > >
      > > I just tried installing a 2200mm rear derailleur cable for a tandem bike, but it looks like I'm coming up short by about 3 or 4 inches. One point to note is that the bike uses gripshifters at the moment.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your help.
      > >
      > > Tommy

    • JB
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
        Hello Tommy,

        I used a SRAM 2200 mm on my 2000 Gary Fisher with SRAM grip shift. The supplied cable was not long enough. SRAM also distributes a 3100 mm. Did you measure the tandem cable, the first one I bought was not actually 2200 mm. The cable should be over 7 feet long.

        JB