Re: [rootsradicals] Rear Derailleur Cable Length?

  • Devian P Gilbert
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2012
      http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=25402&category=3977

      try 2700- 4400mm

      On Sep 2, 2012, at 9:31 AM, travelerbrew wrote:

      Hi everyone,

      I'm putting together an Xtracycle on a 90's Cannondale M300 hardtail. I'm trying to find a long enough rear derailleur cable and wondered if you might have some advice.

      I just tried installing a 2200mm rear derailleur cable for a tandem bike, but it looks like I'm coming up short by about 3 or 4 inches. One point to note is that the bike uses gripshifters at the moment.

      Thanks for your help.

      Tommy

    • travelerbrew
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
        Thanks! I ordered a longer cable, so I should be all set.

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Devian P Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:

        > http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=25402&category=3977
        >
        > try 2700- 4400mm
        >

        > On Sep 2, 2012, at 9:31 AM, travelerbrew wrote:
        >
        > > Hi everyone,
        > >
        > > I'm putting together an Xtracycle on a 90's Cannondale M300 hardtail. I'm trying to find a long enough rear derailleur cable and wondered if you might have some advice.
        > >
        > > I just tried installing a 2200mm rear derailleur cable for a tandem bike, but it looks like I'm coming up short by about 3 or 4 inches. One point to note is that the bike uses gripshifters at the moment.
        > >
        > > Thanks for your help.
        > >
        > > Tommy

      • JB
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
          Hello Tommy,

          I used a SRAM 2200 mm on my 2000 Gary Fisher with SRAM grip shift. The supplied cable was not long enough. SRAM also distributes a 3100 mm. Did you measure the tandem cable, the first one I bought was not actually 2200 mm. The cable should be over 7 feet long.

          JB