Re: Fender Options

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
      Same here--29ers on BD with biggest Hookworms. I have an old bookmarked a fender fitment odyssey somewhere. Lemme see…here it is from Vik, who is still on this list I believe. http://viksbigdummy.blogspot.com/2008/04/intalling-planet-bike-cascadia-atb.html Hope the link is still good.

      David
    • David Dannenberg
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
        Same here--29ers on BD with biggest Hookworms. I have an old bookmarked a fender fitment odyssey somewhere. Lemme see…here it is from Vik, who is still on this list I believe. http://viksbigdummy.blogspot.com/2008/04/intalling-planet-bike-cascadia-atb.html Hope the link is still good.

        David
      • rkt88edmo
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
          I use the SKS P65s that I picked up from Rivendell with 2.35" big apples, they fit fine. The area with the least clearance is at the top between the tire and snapdeck but it still clears.

          On the disc side in front I mounted on the mid fork braze on and bent & trimmed the stays.  Also bent and trimmed the stays in the rear.
        • Liz W Durham
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012

            I have had the Planet Bike fenders on my bike for over 3 years. Haven't had a problem. They work great and were not so difficult to install.

            On Jul 30, 2012 2:16 PM, "jedwin2012" <jedwin2012@...> wrote:

            Putting the final touches on my Trek/Xtracycle build and went with the Schwalbe Big Apple 26x2.35 tires. Now I'm hoping to get fenders that will fit and the largest seem to be the SKS P65 Black Fenders 26"/65mm which claim to fit between 1.75/2.25. Has anyone tried these on the 2.35 big apples? How about Planet Bike Cascadia 26'' ATB Fenders 60mm? I'm new to the world of fenders and not sure how much play and wiggle room I have.

            Any comments or suggestions (maybe just run fender free) would be greatly appreciated.

            jed

          • beth h
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 6, 2012
              Second the PB fenders. I have a set of yellow Freddys that were originally on a regular bike about eight years ago. Transferred to an Xtracycle build and then swapped over the my Surly BD three years ago. Still work great, no problems, very durable.
              Beth

            • dr2chase@mac.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 24, 2012
                Stuff's been happening while I wasn't paying attention.
                The Burrows 8Freight is back in production, and there's a move to promote cargo bikes for small-to-medium goods delivery (the usual case) around Europe.
                I saw this and thought of Tone.

                http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2012/09/jobs-of-the-future-cargo-cyclist.html