Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Fender Options

  • Steve Fuller
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 30, 2012

      I used the Planet Bike Cascadia 29er fenders on my Hookworm shod Big Dummy.

      On Jul 30, 2012 3:02 PM, "David Backeberg" <dbackeberg@...> wrote:

      I'm running the pretty metal fenders from Velo Orange, sadly listed as
      out-of-stock right now:

      http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/accessories/fenders/fender-sets/vo-fenders-stainless-60mm-26-atb.html

      I'm running the stock 2011 Big Dummy 26x2.1 Continentals, and I
      happily paid my LBS to get it all set up properly. I'll have to put up
      some pictures.

    • rltilley@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 30, 2012
        I am using these fenders as well on my Dummy. I did need to trim the rear fender with a dremel in order to clear the chain while in the granny gear but they otherwise work great.

        Robert Tilley
        Fendered in San Diego

        From: Steve Fuller <sfuller@...>
        Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:19:21 -0500
        To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Fender Options

        I used the Planet Bike Cascadia 29er fenders on my Hookworm shod Big Dummy.

        On Jul 30, 2012 3:02 PM, "David Backeberg" <dbackeberg@...> wrote:

        I'm running the pretty metal fenders from Velo Orange, sadly listed as
        out-of-stock right now:

        http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/accessories/fenders/fender-sets/vo-fenders-stainless-60mm-26-atb.html

        I'm running the stock 2011 Big Dummy 26x2.1 Continentals, and I
        happily paid my LBS to get it all set up properly. I'll have to put up
        some pictures.

      • David Dannenberg
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
          Same here--29ers on BD with biggest Hookworms. I have an old bookmarked a fender fitment odyssey somewhere. Lemme see…here it is from Vik, who is still on this list I believe. http://viksbigdummy.blogspot.com/2008/04/intalling-planet-bike-cascadia-atb.html Hope the link is still good.

          David
        • David Dannenberg
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
            Same here--29ers on BD with biggest Hookworms. I have an old bookmarked a fender fitment odyssey somewhere. Lemme see…here it is from Vik, who is still on this list I believe. http://viksbigdummy.blogspot.com/2008/04/intalling-planet-bike-cascadia-atb.html Hope the link is still good.

            David
          • rkt88edmo
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
              I use the SKS P65s that I picked up from Rivendell with 2.35" big apples, they fit fine. The area with the least clearance is at the top between the tire and snapdeck but it still clears.

              On the disc side in front I mounted on the mid fork braze on and bent & trimmed the stays.  Also bent and trimmed the stays in the rear.
            • Liz W Durham
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012

                I have had the Planet Bike fenders on my bike for over 3 years. Haven't had a problem. They work great and were not so difficult to install.

                On Jul 30, 2012 2:16 PM, "jedwin2012" <jedwin2012@...> wrote:

                Putting the final touches on my Trek/Xtracycle build and went with the Schwalbe Big Apple 26x2.35 tires. Now I'm hoping to get fenders that will fit and the largest seem to be the SKS P65 Black Fenders 26"/65mm which claim to fit between 1.75/2.25. Has anyone tried these on the 2.35 big apples? How about Planet Bike Cascadia 26'' ATB Fenders 60mm? I'm new to the world of fenders and not sure how much play and wiggle room I have.

                Any comments or suggestions (maybe just run fender free) would be greatly appreciated.

                jed

              • beth h
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 6, 2012
                  Second the PB fenders. I have a set of yellow Freddys that were originally on a regular bike about eight years ago. Transferred to an Xtracycle build and then swapped over the my Surly BD three years ago. Still work great, no problems, very durable.
                  Beth

                • dr2chase@mac.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 24, 2012
                    Stuff's been happening while I wasn't paying attention.
                    The Burrows 8Freight is back in production, and there's a move to promote cargo bikes for small-to-medium goods delivery (the usual case) around Europe.
                    I saw this and thought of Tone.

                    http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2012/09/jobs-of-the-future-cargo-cyclist.html