2009 Surly Big Dummy 16” bicycle with stokemonkey for sale (Oakland, CA)

  • texy6662000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2012
      Bought when Xtracycle was giving a discount on powercoated frames - I went with Grapetallic; the wide loaders are also powercoated. This started as a relatively stock surly build (with disc brakes), but with the following upgrades:
      -nitto handlebars (albatross I think). Original handlebars are now on the stoker stem for passengers
      -brooks saddle (B-67 I believe)
      -Nitto accessory mount on the handlebar
      -locking skewer on front wheel
      -rolling jackass center stand (this really was worth the high cost!)
      -Velo Orange 670 mm polished fenders with mud flap
      -Terra Cycle big dummy idler
      -Stoker stem for passengers
      -Nuvinci rear hub (wheel built by Clever Cycles)
      -StokeMonkey
      -e-bike.com 36v10ah Prismatic LiFePo4 battery and 3.5 Amp-2.5hr charger
      -4 SOMA road flare handlebar end lights

      I will include all the original equipment as well (original rear wheel, cranks, kickback stand, etc.) One slightly strange thing about it is that I never cut down the fork steerer tube so it sticks up more than normal. This is visible in the pictures.

      I have gotten good use out of this, mainly shopping and carry 1-3 kids from school but my work schedule changed about a year ago so I am not using it enough to justify the amount of space it takes in the garage. And the kids are using their own bikes now. I would probably keep it anyway except for the amount of space it takes and I'm moving to keep the remaining bikes in the house.

      I've put $5K into this bike and it is in very good shape, so I think $4K is a fair price for it. I'm located in the Temescal area of Oakland, California; not interested in shipping the bike, etc. so local buyers only!

      Pictures at: https://plus.google.com/photos/101895391898995742796/albums/5768973488892471681

      cheers
      tex