Re: Base bike differences

  • phaedrus at yahoo
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 24, 2012
      *heh*

      My partner had to do about 20 miles the other day on her xtracycle with the kid and trailer in tow.

      She expressed disappointment in herself because she remembers being able to take a similar route in much less time a few years ago when she commuted that way regularly.

      My response: "Sweetie, your bachetta was like a sports car.  Now you're riding a minivan.  It would be amazing if you were as fast."

      I think it made her feel better - its strange how context can slip out of expectation calculations.

      (Although, I just mounted an xtracycle on a Cruz Bike.   It's like a sports truck?)

      - phaedrus

      On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Cara Lin Bridgman <cara.lin@...> wrote:

      Exactly! I had one carbon-fiber roadie try to do the 1-finger-lift
      trick on my xtracycle. There was absolutely no way that was going to
      work even if it wasn't loaded with stokemonkey, battery, book bag, etc.

      Xtracycles are trucks, not sports cars.

      CL