Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Base bike differences

  • Steve Fuller
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 16, 2012
      On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM, David Dannenberg <ddannenberg@...> wrote:

      A Thudbuster would do it. Very simple--not cheap though.  http://www.thudbuster.com/

      Lower tire pressures and wider tires might help too (although I don't know what the OP is running). Very simple as well. :)

      Steve
    • phaedrus at yahoo
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 24, 2012
        *heh*

        My partner had to do about 20 miles the other day on her xtracycle with the kid and trailer in tow.

        She expressed disappointment in herself because she remembers being able to take a similar route in much less time a few years ago when she commuted that way regularly.

        My response: "Sweetie, your bachetta was like a sports car.  Now you're riding a minivan.  It would be amazing if you were as fast."

        I think it made her feel better - its strange how context can slip out of expectation calculations.

        (Although, I just mounted an xtracycle on a Cruz Bike.   It's like a sports truck?)

        - phaedrus

        On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Cara Lin Bridgman <cara.lin@...> wrote:

        Exactly! I had one carbon-fiber roadie try to do the 1-finger-lift
        trick on my xtracycle. There was absolutely no way that was going to
        work even if it wasn't loaded with stokemonkey, battery, book bag, etc.

        Xtracycles are trucks, not sports cars.

        CL