Heads up in Portland : Stoked Xtracycle for sale...!

  • Rainbow Flight (Ted & Gretchen)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2012
      Hi folks
      I've been using a Stoked Xtracycle for over 5 years and love it. I've seen other electric-assist systems, but I still think this is close to if not the best...pity Todd has been having issues with getting more motors made to his requirements, as StokeMonkey's are currently not available.

      This was listed only a few days ago, and is still current.

      Regards
      Ted
      Nelson, New Zealand

      Electric Power Assist Bicycle - $1600 (SE Portland)

      Date: 2012-06-11, 6:44PM PDT
      Reply to: q8chw-3072146720@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      Townie Electra with Xtracycle and StokeMonkey

      Electric Power Assist Bicycle for Sale:
      This is the ultimate station wagon for the bike happy, environmentally conscious commuter. We have had 4 years of amazing service from this bike hauling our daughter and friends all over town, grocery shopping regularly and going on lovely adventures. Now that the girl rides her own bike it is time to let the big one go.
      $1600 will get you the whole thing and if you have a bike you like better than the Townie you may be able to move the components over to it. Check the websites below for compatibility.

      The bike: Townie Electra
      7 speed internal hub, Ladies frame,
      flat foot technology (allows you to put your feet on the ground when you stop without getting out of the seat by angling the pedals forward a bit, very comfy)

      The load carrying: Xtracycle freeradical classic
      extends the wheel base.
      Side bags hold 4 bags of groceries,
      wooden seat can carry 2- 3 kids or an adult
      Outfitted with an extra set of handlebars for the kid
      $500 new http://www.xtracycle.com/cargo-bicycles/freeradical-cargo-bicycle.html

      The power: Stokemonkey electric power assist
      This small red motor drives the pedals to assist you with extra power for big hills, crossing streets or just cruising along. You control the speed by twisting the handgrip. Such a delight in Portland's lovely hills. A charge easily lasts a few days of partial assisting. This style of motor is much more efficient and powerful than any of the hub mounted pedal assists.
      $1800 http://clevercycles.com/products/stokemonkey/
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2012
        Since they're serious about selling, pay and don't fuss about shipping
        costs!! They may regret selling. I find my stoked xtracycle more
        useful than my car for hauling big things.

        CL
      • brad.lide
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2013
          Did you ever sell your bike? I am sure you did, but if you didn't am interested.