Re: New LSD NIMH Batteries

  • Rich W
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2012
      The big disadvantage of lead acid technology batteries, including SLA versions historically, has been loss of capacity or outright failure if deeply discharged, particularly if left discharged for even a short period. Golf cart batteries and some others have special construction to minimize failure if deep discharged but it is still not good for them per my understanding.

      This has generally meant using a lead acid battery with at least twice the capacity of the normal discharge level which adds a lot of weight as lead is not light weight. Overall per what I have read lead acid batteries require a lot of TLC for optimum life.

      Rich Wood