Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Cheap Stoker Conversion For Dummy [1 Attachment]

  • gear.head@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 11, 2012
      We used wee-rides for years. They have great ergonomics for naps. We still do for long rides.

      From: David Backeberg <dbackeberg@...>
      Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:16:26 -0400
      To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Cheap Stoker Conversion For Dummy [1 Attachment]

      I don't have anything bad to say about anybody's parenting choices.

      I will say that one perk of the plastic 'car-seat' style kid seats like the Peapod comes with the ability to be heavily strapped in for naptime. This gave me piece of mind when my daughter was smaller and would regularly fall asleep on rides. I'm not worried about her falling out so much as being comfortable while she's asleep. If she has a good nap going, I want her to stay asleep for a while, and I'll just add some distance and make the ride a little longer.

    • Sean Mullins
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 13, 2012
        Jeff,
        I also use a kayak seat to haul my kids around. I use the Surf to Summit kayak seat designed for the sit on top scupper type kayak.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Apr 13, 2012, at 3:25 PM, "Jeffrey" <jeffrey_hiroshima@...> wrote:

        Jesse Ross,

        Can you tell me which kayak seat that is? I have looked a quite a few and they all look huge.

        FWIW, I have my 5-YO on the rear deck on a magic carpet. Bar ends for foot rests, and an upside-down/reveresed bullhorn stoker bar (using a std MTB stem with a shim like the OP).

        =