Re: Cheap Stoker Conversion For Dummy

  • Toby Sheppard Bloch
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 10, 2012
      No worries Sean--I've got my 3.5 year old sitting an a children's lawn chair that I have band-clamped to the xtracycle. No straps, just a helmet.

      My previous seat for her (a Wee Ride) had straps, but they weren't snug and the harness had a way of working loose. I called the company and they told me it was supposed to be that way--the straps were to keep her from leaving the seat on her own, but not intended to keep her attached to the bike in a crash, which makes alot of sense to me. I'm looking to add a stoker for her, but it is remarkably good without one--good enough for my casual biking wife to be comfortable commuting with it (and the little one) in NYC.

      toby
    • Sean Mullins
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 13, 2012
        Jeff,
        I also use a kayak seat to haul my kids around. I use the Surf to Summit kayak seat designed for the sit on top scupper type kayak.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Apr 13, 2012, at 3:25 PM, "Jeffrey" <jeffrey_hiroshima@...> wrote:

        Jesse Ross,

        Can you tell me which kayak seat that is? I have looked a quite a few and they all look huge.

        FWIW, I have my 5-YO on the rear deck on a magic carpet. Bar ends for foot rests, and an upside-down/reveresed bullhorn stoker bar (using a std MTB stem with a shim like the OP).

        =