Re: ya got a Tensioner in mind?

  • Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2012
      Why not use der. cable and not brake cable? The smaller head won't pass through the barrel adjuster, if you want you can use a brass ferrule which won't bind then you don't have to look at any cable housing.

      Just you $0.02. Sounds like you used MTB brake cable on your first attemp.

      But David is on the $$ when he says tensioners get in the way when pulling off a wheel. I have a schummey-archer and it's a pain getting the wheel on and off with a 20t cog on the back. 18t cog is not much easier. Plus the way you adjust the tensioner I have is to use spacers on the fixing bolt to move the pulley into alignment. Not exactly precision work and the fixing bolt is only so long which means I have limited range of adjustment. Chain wrap with cheap tensioner is generally not as good as a der. and with the extra torque, you want as many teeth engaged as possible.

      Cheers. Jeff