Re: [rootsradicals] New Member, New Bike!

  • Andrew Kreps
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 29, 2012
      On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 16:17, Vince <vintagemotorad@...> wrote:

      While this is no Big Dummy or Mundo, it is much less expensive and with a little attention to detail and simple mechanical skills; a fine long-tail cargo bike "semi-kit."

      I think you'll find the sentiment around here to be, largely, 'if it works for you, great!'   I'm glad to hear you got the bike to where you want it, and I find it interesting there there are some fit & finish issues with the machine. Quantifying that and whether or not it's worth the money you saved is really important.

      Enjoy the ride, and ride it lots.  If you ever end up in Portland, drop me a line and you can ride my Dummy anytime.

    • A
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 2:52 AM
        -

        > Hi Jake, I uploaded some to the "Photos" area, the album is called," Vince's Atlas" If you would like to see certain views, tell me and I will upload them to that album...
        >
        > V.

        Hi Vince
        Welcome and any chance you have some closeup photos of the quick release collar on racks?
        ta
        Andy
      • Vince
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1 12:57 PM
          Hi Andy, I just uploaded some pictures of the QR collars to my photo album Vince's Atlas, feel free to ask for any other pictures.
          V.

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "A" <andyboote@...> wrote:

          > -
          > >
          > > Hi Jake, I uploaded some to the "Photos" area, the album is called," Vince's Atlas" If you would like to see certain views, tell me and I will upload them to that album...
          > >
          > > V.
          > >
          > Hi Vince
          > Welcome and any chance you have some closeup photos of the quick release collar on racks?
          > ta
          > Andy

        • Vince
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1 5:20 PM
            Hi Andrew, Thanks for the invitation, I am routinely down in Portland to visit Powell's.

            The fit and finish issues are truly minor, overall I would rate the workmanship on par with products costing much more. I have done more involved fitting on new "high-end" bikes bought by friends than I did on this one. Perhaps my brevity made the fitting seem more involved that it was. The handlebar is merely aesthetic and the front caliper mount adaptor took all of 5 minutes of filing to correct the alignment. You're are right about quantifying the reality of the machine with the intended personal outcome. Even within my short experience on cargo bikes, I believe the Atlas to be an outstanding value, time will tell.

            V.