Re: Hoodie option on existing Xtracycle?

  • xtracycleinc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2012
      Hi Elaine,

      I can speak to your question from the design perspective. We originally created the Hoodie (www.xtracycle.com/hoodie) for the every day uses you mentioned: lunch, day bag, clothes, groceries. Having had one on my bike for about a year now, I can say that it works really well for these things. There should be no compatibility issues with your 2008 FreeRadical.

      We aimed to make the Hoodie very affordable in order to address the initial cost barrier we perceived for people who were cautious about jumping into the Sport Utility Bicycle Lifestyle. At $40 for an all-in-one bag that can easily carry 4 bags of groceries, it is a steal!

      I have found two trade-offs in using the Hoodie. One is that I cannot strap on ANYTHING that I come across. It simply doesn't have the FreeLoader's humongous expandability. (I do keep a CinchStrap in the handy front pocket for securing top loaded items) The second is that it is made from a lighter duty material than the FreeLoaders and thus is better suited for carrying lighter loads.

      I am obviously biased, but I think the Hoodie is one of the most useful, least understood and best valued products in the Xtracycle catalog.

      Enjoy.
      Ross