Re: Big Dummy- Front or rear wheel e-assist?

  • Rainbow Flight (Ted & Gretchen)
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2011
      Hi folks
      And don't forget the option inbetween: The Stoke Monkey from Todd Farmer at http://clevercycles.com/products/stokemonkey/ , though I see sadly, it's not available right now. Sure hope you get things sorted Todd!
      Read this comment from a Big Dummy user: http://clevercycles.com/products/stokemonkey/#comment-351046

      I've been using a Stoked Xtracycle for 5 years now, and recently road an Eezee electric assist commuter bike with from front hub motor...not even in the same league as my bike...it was usable, but having a hub motor that runs independantly of pedalling threw me a bit...and showed me why they can burn out on steep hill climbing if you don't pedal. I much prefer the Stoke Monkey!

      Regards
      Ted