Re: [rootsradicals] Looking for "air-heads"!! Need help with compressed air technology

  • gear.head@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2011
      Instructables is a great resource for a lot of great bike tech.
      Sean

      From: Pete B <nackterman@...>
      Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:15:18 +1100
      To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [rootsradicals] Looking for "air-heads"!! Need help with compressed air technology

      It's all in the gearing....

      Here's a quick and dirty method

      'The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community against his will, is to prevent harm to others. He cannot rightfully be compelled for his own good, or because, in the opinion of others, it would be wise, or even right. These are good reasons for persuading him, but not for compelling him.' : John Stuart Mill

      On 8 December 2011 08:16, Rob Glover <ama3655@...> wrote:

      Wes -

      Sounds like what you're looking for is a double acting piston driven motor. You'll need to know how many watts (or some other measure of power) output you want in order to size it. Input pressure and volume are the other 2 variables. If you know 2 of the 3 variables the design will leap out, or at least start to reveal itself.
      good luck, and have fun - FatRob