Re: [rootsradicals] pellet hauler

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2011
      You could try something like this:
      <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/Bike/TaichungBikes/080313-17TaichungWorkBike.jpg>.
      There's a few more examples here:
      <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/Bike/TaichungBikes/TaichungBikes.html>

      CL

      rkt88edmo wrote:
      > At those weights, you might see about just borrowing a trailer or
      > buying a spare mundo. Oooh anyone hooked up a small car trailer to a
      > longbike?
    • Andrew Kreps
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2011
        On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 23:06, rkt88edmo <rkt88edmo@...> wrote:
        > Oooh anyone hooked up a small car trailer to a
        > longbike?

        I've often thought about this. My assumption is that, even after
        solving the hitch problem, it'll still be too damn heavy. Even the
        Surly Bill is only thirty-seven lbs, naked. The lightest car trailer
        is probably still three digits, and built for 100+hp and 60+mph
        speeds. In other words, completely overbuilt for our purposes.

        That said, I'm looking for something I can weld an axle to. Maybe a
        hitch-mount cargo tray? I'd love something dual-purpose like that.