pellet hauler

  • rkt88edmo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2011
      At those weights, you might see about just borrowing a trailer or
      buying a spare mundo. Oooh anyone hooked up a small car trailer to a
      longbike?
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2011
        You could try something like this:
        <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/Bike/TaichungBikes/080313-17TaichungWorkBike.jpg>.
        There's a few more examples here:
        <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/Bike/TaichungBikes/TaichungBikes.html>

        CL

        rkt88edmo wrote:
        > At those weights, you might see about just borrowing a trailer or
        > buying a spare mundo. Oooh anyone hooked up a small car trailer to a
        > longbike?
      • Andrew Kreps
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2011
          On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 23:06, rkt88edmo <rkt88edmo@...> wrote:
          > Oooh anyone hooked up a small car trailer to a
          > longbike?

          I've often thought about this. My assumption is that, even after
          solving the hitch problem, it'll still be too damn heavy. Even the
          Surly Bill is only thirty-seven lbs, naked. The lightest car trailer
          is probably still three digits, and built for 100+hp and 60+mph
          speeds. In other words, completely overbuilt for our purposes.

          That said, I'm looking for something I can weld an axle to. Maybe a
          hitch-mount cargo tray? I'd love something dual-purpose like that.