Re: biketow 3000

  • anthonyeberger
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 25, 2011
      I'll second Joel's post below. I only tow bikes a few miles at a time but I've never had an issue (or scratched the paint etc) on a bike I am towing by securing it. I've probably towed 10 to 15 bikes this way.

      To each his/her own

      Tony B.
      Riverwest WI

    • watrout@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 25, 2011
        As a previous post mentioned, you need something that allows the fork-to-hitch attachment point to rotate. Somewhere on this group I have pictures of my setup, but essentially it's an old front hub u-bolted to an aluminum right angle which is u-bolted to the rear v-rack verticals. Works very well and doubles as a trailer attachment point for those of you hauling kid trailers.

        Wes

      • Devian Gilbert
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 25, 2011
          I like that mod, its genius

          d-
          On Nov 25, 2011, at 1:23 PM, watrout@... wrote:

          > As a previous post mentioned, you need something that allows the fork-to-hitch attachment point to rotate. Somewhere on this group I have pictures of my setup, but essentially it's an old front hub u-bolted to an aluminum right angle which is u-bolted to the rear v-rack verticals. Works very well and doubles as a trailer attachment point for those of you hauling kid trailers.
          >
          > Wes

        • Dr. Michael Polsinelli
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 26, 2011
            Have any of you towed a fixed gear? Can you just strap the front wheel
            into the freeloader?
          • Joel
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 26, 2011
              I have, just make sure the
              cranks and pedals are clear to spin

              cheers
              joel

              On 27/11/2011, at 6:41, "Dr. Michael Polsinelli" <drp@...> wrote:

              Have any of you towed a fixed gear? Can you just strap the front wheel
              into the freeloader?

            • poppamando
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 27, 2011
                Thanks for that reminder. I wondered where I'd seen that set-up before.

                -Phil

                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, watrout@... wrote:

                > As a previous post mentioned, you need something that allows the fork-to-hitch attachment point to rotate. Somewhere on this group I have pictures of my setup, but essentially it's an old front hub u-bolted to an aluminum right angle which is u-bolted to the rear v-rack verticals. Works very well and doubles as a trailer attachment point for those of you hauling kid trailers.
                >
                > Wes

              • Andrew Kreps
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 5, 2011
                  In the spirit of sharing, here's an alternate towing method I've used
                  with success, which also allows you to haul two bikes at once:

                  http://getfile0.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/onewheelskyward/DwXCQeE2NUQ0c38CkZDNcN0JAcFMvdXsLpKPqW5Sm6DDKNCF9szYiRoLw8mt/photo.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg