Re: [rootsradicals] Re: carbon fork?

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2011
      carbon vs steel, etc...
      nominally speaking a typical steel fork is going to be more durable than a typical carbon fork.

      however... carbon forks can be very strong.

      On Nov 19, 2011, at 9:49 PM, Rich W wrote:

      I would not recommend it. My one carbon fiber front forked bicycle, a Civia Hyland Rohloff, had the carbon fiber front fork recalled and replaced by the manufacturer with a steel front fork due to a customers fork failure. This was on a normal bike, not a longtail.

      I would not personally use a carbon fiber fork on a longtail unless I knew it was rated by the manufacturer as strong enough for a tandem.

      Rich Wood

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "skeem2005" <emilyskopp@...> wrote:

      > Can a carbon fork handle added weight caused by Xtracycle?

    • Bruce Alan Wilson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
        Steel is real.