Re: [rootsradicals] Friction Shifting on a BD

  • michael kestner
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 20, 2011
      Hey, Roots! Thanks for the input. I thought maybe I was going to get sounds of crickets and blank stares. It's nice to know others appreciate the simplicity and reliability of friction shifting.

      My initial Freerad conversion was set up as a 1x8 with friction shifting in the rear. I loved it as it was ultra reliable once I got it dialed in. Sadly, I had to sell that one when I got laid off.

      Now I have a Big Dummy and wanted to try some more modern equipment. I'm definately keeping the disc brakes but these index shifters have got to go! Front and back, I'm done with them. Thanks again for the responses.

      Ride Safely. Mike