Sound system with big round speaker boxes

  • nixiebunny
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011
      Hi, I just bought a Free Radical to fit my Schwinn cruiser, and turned it into a big 300 watt sound system bike. Naturally, I conceived this on the way home from Burning Man.

      The speaker cabinets are two 32" long 16" diameter Sonotube cylinders with Peavey PA system drivers in the ends. A car amplifier and LiPo batteries complete the setup.

      Video here:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Piz7J-bQk

      It's made from stuff you can buy and put together yourself with only a jigsaw and a drill. Total cost including the Free Radical was about $1000. It took me two weeks to build.

      Questions and comments welcome.
    • Steve Lange
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2011
        You, sir, are winning the internet! :-)

        Really nice... congrats!!

        Steve

        On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:42 PM, nixiebunny <dforbes@...> wrote:
        Hi, I just bought a Free Radical to fit my Schwinn cruiser, and turned it into a big 300 watt sound system bike. Naturally, I conceived this on the way home from Burning Man.

        The speaker cabinets are two 32" long 16" diameter Sonotube cylinders with Peavey PA system drivers in the ends. A car amplifier and LiPo batteries complete the setup.

        Video here:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Piz7J-bQk

        It's made from stuff you can buy and put together yourself with only a jigsaw and a drill. Total cost including the Free Radical was about $1000. It took me two weeks to build.

        Questions and comments welcome.

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: