free radical + karate monkey

  • Lawrence
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2011
      trying to mate a new free radical to a new karate monkey, not exactly a perfect fit:

      -how far into the dropouts (rear forks) should i strive to locate the bolts?the webbing on the frame fouls the upright tube on the free radical a little less than halfway in. argh!

      -no chain stay bridge or stand mounting plate, and because of the problem above the free radical tongue/fap won't securely bridge the chain stay tubes.

      I'm not seeing any elegant solutions that don't include brazing, grinding, etc. please someone tell me there is an easy/safe fix!
    • michael kestner
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2011
        Ok, as luck would have it I was surfing the Xtracycle pics on their FB today and saw this pic:

        https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/7219_144665267002_53718777002_3243353_1588768_n.jpg

        It's a pic of a KM mated to an X. Good luck!

        Thank You,

        Mike