Re: Rohloff's Speedhub available w/ 36 holes begining October 2011...

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
      I don't remember whether I just saw this on Rootsrads or Internal Hub group.

      48 spoke Rohloff ($50 conversion):http://www.rideyourbike.com/48spokerohloff.shtml

      David Dannenberg
    • Vik Banerjee
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
        I've got many years of rear loading cargo biking and some dirt road touring on a 32H Rohloff wheel with zero issues. The symmetrical wheel you get with a Rohloff is very strong with 32 spokes.

        safe riding,

        On 2011-10-01, at 9:41 AM, David Dannenberg wrote:

        I don't remember whether I just saw this on Rootsrads or Internal Hub group.

        48 spoke Rohloff ($50 conversion):http://www.rideyourbike.com/48spokerohloff.shtml

        David Dannenberg

      • speedub_nate
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2011
          No doubt, same here with not a single failure or mechanical issue since 2001.

          However, had the opportunity presented itself, I would have gladly opted for the 36H version on both the tandem and the Xtracycle. In fact, I'd probably even do the same on my solo bikes, where I could potentially get away with a lighter-than-normal rim.

          - Nate