Re: [rootsradicals] 700c xtra vs 26"

  • Robert Kinstler
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2011
      I found that I could only hammer them in after I had heated the radial
      "fins" and the tube with a heat gun. Even then, they ended up
      off-center and I had to grind them flush with the tube to get it to
      slide in. BTW, what's the point of making them with 2 threaded parts
      without a lock nut? Luckily, I just bought a box of elevator bolts that
      came with M6 nuts. I needed an elevator bolt to make up for the lack of
      a French Nut design on my 2001 F.R. I've got about 23 spares in case
      anybody with an old F.R. would like to run their chain close to the
      dropouts.